Lucid Pod is a lightweight audio podcast app (podcatcher) with simple material design UI and community-driven list of features. It is ads-free, quick, small, battery life optimized app. This is the best app for those who care about simplicity and clean UI. It is brand new, therefore new features are actively added based on your feedbacks.
!!! Quick Hint: long tap on an episode item opens context relevant menu.
!!! OPML file import hint: you should install any File Manager app on some phones in order to select OPML file to be imported.
You can listen to all your favorite podcasts: TED Radio/Talks, NPR, Stuff You Should Know, Language Learning Courses, Audiobooks, News, Education and millions of other podcasts you like.
- Search in iTunes podcast library;
- Add podcasts by RSS link (simply paste the RSS URL/link to the search field);
- Import podcasts from OPML file or link;
- Download podcast episodes for offline listening;
- Lock screen controls: play/pause, rewind 10 sec. back and 30 sec. forward (most players miss the last two);
- Mark all previous episodes as played/listened (usually you continue the podcast that you started before);
- Quick hints showing number of downloads and new episodes;
- Convenient access to the list of downloaded episodes;
- UI is optimized for one-hand usage and tablets/wide screens;
- Support for SubscribeOnAndroid.com links.
- UI themes, including dark theme;
- Discovering and browsing podcasts by categories and top charts;
- Selecting downloads storage place (i.e. local or external flash disk);
- Episodes cover art and details;
- Better audio streaming (reduced buffering time).
This is community-driven app. If you miss an important feature please leave a comment. Most requested features will be implemented.
LucidPod - Podcast Player Screenshots