Hews is a hacker news client which focuses on reading experience with some unique features. And it's open source.
* Clear nested comments
* Three themes: light, sepia and dark
* Browse Top, New, Show HN and Ask HN stories
* Browse popular posts by any date range
* Login hacker news account, upvote and reply to post/comment
* Search by any date range, with popularity/date sorting
* Open hacker news links by this app
* Open post in build-in or external browser
* Check User's HN profile (long press)
* Share comment link/content (long press)
* Material design
* Open source (https://github.com/leavjenn/Hews)
* Highly customizable typography
10 distinct fonts, easy to fine-tune font size and line-height, for the best reading experience.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/gGyW0LxO9wg
* Two-way comments Collapsing
Not only collapsible children comments (press comment content), it can also collapse comments between itself and it's parent (press comment info bar).
Video demo: https://youtu.be/FT4aFFUzFIo
* Scroll-down floating button
Scroll down the page by pressing or draging the big floating button, swipe no more.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/kuffdR2GCqU
* Post summary (TL; DR)
Distill the summary (tl; dr) of a post from it's comments, save yourself from clickbait title. Notice that this feature is still in test.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/Yrr4OiqGf7U
Hews is an unofficial Hacker News Android app, and it is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
Hews for Hacker News Screenshots