This theme by itself, is dark material // regression+. If you would rather have blacked out // regression, follow these steps:
1. Enable "Unknown sources in Settings > Security
2. Install dark regression+ (this app)
3. Install Arcus here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pixkart.arcus
4. Open Arcus and select dark regression+
5. Select dark regression+ - blacked out
6. When it finishes, hit Install
7. Hit install in the new window
8. When it is complete, enable the new theme!
Credits: Thanks to Devin Hussey for the instructions!
This theme is a fork of Dark Material, but with stock Android Lollipop icons system wide, instead of the new custom minimal icons. To have the full experience, install Dark Material as well to have the companion app, as well as the other parts of the theme such as ringtones, notifications, boot animations, etc.
WHY "DARK MATERIAL"?
To understand why this theme doesn't follow Google's traditional "Material Dark" design with dark teal and/or blue grey, I will briefly explain.
This theme wasn't based on Google's Material Style, but was mainly influenced by the "Tinted Status Bar" mod's results, where it completely made the action bar into one fused item. I really liked this design, which made the system more minimal as it had two layers to look at, rather than 3 (Action Bar Primary, Action Bar Primary Dark (status bar darkened color) and the fragment layer (the interacting area)). The fact that I named this theme "Dark Material" over "Material Dark" was because I wanted to depict a dark, physical metamorphic rock - "slate", and it's color. As the color scheme of this theme is mainly dark (black, grey and white text), I added the word "Dark" in front of my interpretation of "Material" hence the title "Dark Material". Themes that follow Google's Material Dark, should show up as "Material Dark" to ensure consistency (see Google keyboard settings for reference).
NOTES FROM US, TO YOU.
The theme has been updated to the latest commits for March 8th (5.0.2) and synced up with latest 5.1 Bliss builds. If your Settings is not themed properly, you NEED to update your ROM. This theme updates a couple times a week with better improvements and features.
For direct contact with the team, please join our Google+ community! We're not scary!: https://plus.google.com/communities/104086528025432169285
- MAINTAINER: This theme is maintained by Nicholas, email/xda link is linked below.
- SUGGESTION: If you are on a ROM with an icon that is not themed inside Settings, email me.
- POPULAR: SystemUI/Notification Drawer not themed? This is a CM12 problem. Follow these instructions to fix: http://youtu.be/MW1UsCyOidY thanks to Manuel and Will.
- REQUEST: Any other bugs, contact me (Nicholas) directly. Do not leave a bad rating if your bug is easily solvable.
- Must have a CM12/CM12.1 ROM with Theme Engine installed and with the latest March 8th commits.
WHAT IS THEMED?
We have over 125 app/system overlays, but if you want to know exactly what is themed, take a look at the list under "WHAT IS THEMED?" on this page: http://goo.gl/yAzPPT
ALL OTHER INFORMATION
FULL CHANGELOG: http://goo.gl/27XBtm
ROMS SUPPORTED: CM12 (100%), CM12.1 (100%)
ROMS WITH ICONS: CM, Cyanogen OS, Temasek, BlissPop, Fusion, Candy5, CyanideL, LiquidSmooth, Euphoria OS, Team OSE, AICP, Validus, Nameless and Dirty Unicorns.